Analysts forecast that the OTT-app market could reach USD 159 billion by 2024. OTT video revenues are expected to increase annually by 13.16% CAGR between 2021-25forecasting a market volume of USD 3,654m in 2025. Subscription-based video streaming is the largest segment of OTT Videos with a market value of USD 1,052 m by 2021.
However, there is a lot of ready-to use OTT software available for your services. It is difficult to launch an OTT app. It is not easy to launch an OTT app.
These sections will discuss the different parameters that you need to consider before selecting the or OTT software that is best suited for your app…
Why would you need OTT software to launch your app?
Software that streams videos over the internet (OTT) allows businesses to reach their audiences and generate revenue. The availability of many ott platform programs will simplify your transition to internet streaming. OTT services include video hosting, live streaming and app development.
What are some of the benefits of using OTT software.
The advantages of OTT software include:
- Easy to use and deploy with code
- Different technology platforms supported
- Reach a broad audience
- Supports on-premise and on-cloud deployment of OTT Services
- assures long-term development support cycles
- Analytics for end-user
- Multiple device support
OTT vendor software allows:
- Video management
- Distribute content via CDNs
- You can make money with videos in many different ways
What should you consider when selecting OTT video software?
Consider these key factors when selecting OTT video software.
- The vendor may offer additional features
- Pricing model
- Support for the development cycle
You only need to assess OTT vendor software to find the features that best suit your brand’s services.
- White Label Solution: Fully customizable development of your brand
- Live streaming solution: This means that as a brand, you only need to manage, distribute, and monetize live video content
- Works on all OTT devices: Runs on multiple OTT platforms, including Apple TV, Android TV and mobile devices. You can also stream HD OTT content using web applications.
- Cloud transcoding – So your videos can stream on any OS, media player, and in any viewing format
- Partner to host patent content on the platform
- VOD: For auto-recording streaming video and visible comments to be viewed by on-demand viewers
- Real-time measurement, management and marketing of OTT content performance
Important check-boxes that will ensure successful OTT platform development and deployment
Secured Digital Rights Management:
To secure digital content against piracy. It includes non-tampering software and product keys, online authentication, support Fairplay, and is compatible with DRMs approved by studios around the globe.
HLS Video player
- Smooth streaming on OTT
- You should have high quality viewing and fast playback of the HLS factor.
- You should also consider compressing plugins for fast playbacks
- Multi-device support for the OTT app development on tablets, mobiles, and web
- Cross-platform viewing made easier
- Rich interaction and in-app advertising experience
- Positively Maximize OTT streaming solution matching ROI
Support casting for TV
- Cast live streams to deliver OTT TV experience It supports streaming live TV content from TV, tablet, and Smart TV.
Support Subtitles and Closed Captions
- Subtitles in foreign languages can be provided for any device by offering subtitles
- Multi-language support is possible with OTT technology
Deploy multiple OTT revenue models:
- subscription, advertising, Pay-per-view
- Server-Side Ad Insertion
- Catch-up TV
- Push TV
- Broadcast TV series, movies, and series
Content Delivery Network
- It is essential to use the Content Delivery Network (CDN), for streaming content delivery.
- Although it guarantees scale, there are security concerns.
- Providers who network with key players such as Akamai and Verizon will have a global audience
- It is important to have large networks that are wide and reliable in order to avoid packet loss or latency.
- To protect against quality loss, 4K standards should be used.
Pricing for OTT Software
Because OTT software prices depend on multiple factors, one could price OTT app-making tools like Netflix using this framework. This is the result.
- Technology stack
- Software development costs
- Developers’ location
- An OTT app would cost between USD 20,000 and USD 40,000, depending on the technology and features that are similar to Netflix.
Are You Ready to Start Your Own OTT Platform?
This paragraph will discuss OTT and how it can help your business. First, choose the right genre for you business. Second, get the entire plan for your content. However, there are some who might disagree. The third and most important thing is that you are your audience. This number can rise to as high as 90% when theory is put into practice. To master a skill, it is important to follow up on explanations with practice.
Branded OTT Software Vendors are Your Best Choice
The conclusion is that to launch a successful OTT application you must choose an OTT partner who is collaborative. It should also provide program and viewer analytics, multi device support, and offer program and viewer analytics. The branded vendors also ensure that your criteria are met with value-added services such as on-cloud and on-premise at prices independent developers might not be able match.